The Smith PTA gives a voice to our membership through ADVOCACY, including on Capitol Hill in Sacramento. We strive to have open COMMUNICATION between members of our community and Smith Elementary, such as raising awareness about what is happening at school and continually improving on the norm. Our goal is to create OPPORTUNITIES for the kiddos at Smith and improve their lives by giving back to the school and funding various programs.
The fact is that the Huntington Beach City School District is the lowest funded district in Orange County and one of the lowest funded districts in the state. The Smith PTA works tirelessly to ensure that this is not felt by the members of our community.
Some highlights of what we achieved last year, all thanks to you, include our $7500 in classroom reimbursements back to our classroom teachers and staff, and supporting our online literacy programs, including AXL, STAR, and Accelerated Reader (over $13K total).
If you are interested in learning more about the Smith PTA and executive board positions, please reach out to Carlee, Parliamentarian,
PTA History and Values
The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.
Still have questions? We’d love to talk to you more about what we do and how you can contribute. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.