We are kicking off our Step-It-Up fundraiser today, February 19! Students had an engaging and inspiring assembly today, and they should work with you to send out 10+ emails and complete the Golden Ticket from their packet and return it to school tomorrow at lunch.
Students who turn in their Golden Tickets at lunch (to the PTA table) will get 3 prizes! And they will be in the drawing for an iPad or Target Gift Card. For those who send 20+ emails, there will be 4 drawings in the next week for mini fridges stuffed with cash!
If you have more than one child at Smith, you get a special savings for the In-N-Out Party Bus prize package! The total to raise is $600 per family (it is $400 per individual child). This is the only prize package with a family discount. That info wasn’t included on the prize flyer that went home today.
The Step It Up fitness event will be on March 22. All student will participate in this event, regardless of how much $$ has been raised. Students will receive varying prizes at the event depending on the prize level achieved through fundraising.
WANT TO HELP THE DAY OF THE EVENT? SIGN UP HERE: http://signup.com/go/qeFxSpa
Here are some ideas of how you can choose to help your children be involved in the fundraiser:
- Talk to them about why we are doing this and what the money goes to
- Brainstorm with them about who to reach out to and involve them in the reach out process
- Make a short video of your kids asking for the donations and sharing what they are for and send that to your family and friends
- Have your children write letters or email to your family and friends
- Have your children write thank you notes or make video thank yous to those who donate
- Have your child ask close family and friends in person or over the phone
- Talk with your child about what prize level they want to earn and help them set the goal and make an action plan of how to earn that prize level (how many emails should they send or how many people should they ask to increase their chances of more donations
However much you choose to do or get your child involved is up to you! We truly appreciate your support with this fundraiser. ALL students will get to participate in the fun field day (focused on fitness and celebrating their efforts to support our school) regardless of how much they raise. But, the more we raise, the more programs we can continue to fund!
Here are just some of the major expenses that PTA pays/has paid for throughout the year:
Field Trips (including busses): $15,000, Meet The Masters Art Program: $8,500, Classroom Supplies: $7,200, P.E. Equipment: $2,500, Library Books: $2,500, Technology Gift (chrome books + cart) $12,000, STAR Literacy/Accelerated Reader: $10,000, plus many other expenses for Jog-A-Thon, Pumpkin Patch, Skate Parties, Movie Nights, 100 Mile Club, the gardens on campus, Red Ribbon Week, Teacher Appreciation Week, and much more!
Our goal is to make $55,000+ with this fundraiser!
For more details about the fundraiser, how to help, and to download forms, click here:
For more details about the Step It Up company, click here:
To register your child(ren) for the fundraiser click here: